I am doing some part time teaching recently ... and my students consist of those who are very good law background to those who has none and some, the can understand what I want to tell them very easily (and they said i am too slow in my teaching) and some, they couldn't understand anything at all (they said I am too fast in my teaching) and it is so hard to put a balance and cater the needs of both groups. Hence, I am basically not pleasing anyone at all... in fact, I am causing both of the groups to 'suffer' and I am seriously not feeling good about it. However, I do expect that the weaker group can do more efforts in their readings, in their research and all and the stronger group will be able to just relax and try to find MORE cases and all in support of their argument. Somehow, it's seriously.... not about what a teacher can do becaues it seems like, the problem lies on the student, their ability to capture what they need to.
In the same way, in church... our spiritual level is also different from each other and worse still, we have different needs, different age groups and different background of the people. Besides the gospel and the salvation, I would think, it is hard for the preacher to come up with something which can cater for the needs of everyone on sunday. I think somehow, one will have to put their own efforts into getting MORE if one thinks the sermons/preaching is not enough for themselves... It's just too hard for the preacher to preach on a sermon to cater for everyone's need... don't you think?
I am not sure... may be we should be the one doing the 'research' if we think we wants more...
- Whose? -
No comments:
Post a Comment