Monday, March 09, 2009

To known or not to be known...

It was a conversation between me and 2 other friends about 9 years ago that I was being reminded today. One of them... was from a well known family in Singapore and another, was from just a businessman's family. I asked that question then was because I felt so much being in England then as no one knows me of who I am and I achieved to a level where almost everyone in Bristol knows about my existence. So, I asked them, if it is better to be known or better to lives a life where no one knows. I seriously like my life in Bristol so much... no one 'give face' to me because of who I am. No one will point to me and expect me to do something because I am so and so's daughter, or so and so's sister. I was so happy then.... of being who I am.
Since I came back to Malaysia, life was 'back to the original'. I was referred to as so and so's daughter, and so and so's sister... until I came to Christ Church Likas. hehe... well, not to say no one knows... just a few knows... which is better than EVERYBODY knows... You know what I mean?
Seriously, since I am a lawyer, I am feeling so contradicting my own 'thinking' sometimes... I want to be known as a good lawyer, but I don't like people to know who am I. Some people, happen to prefer to know a person's background, ie. who's their parents, whether he/she has was taught well by their parents, etc. etc. etc. in order to judge a person whether the person is someone 'worth' their trust or friendship.
I found this, very disturbing lately .... So, I wonder... if those person will consider me, as their friend.. as I don't think I am from a weathy family, and I am not PERFECT, i.e. I have done something wrong before and I have a very bad characters and attitudes... so so? ... what do you think? You think I can be considered as those people's friend? Hmm....
Well, if they take consideration of my background, may be.... you know why? ... ya... I have a very good background... hahahaha.... so? is that how I should be judged?
Hmm....
-to known or not to be known-

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

From your posts, I can conclude that you are indeed stressed out...

Maybe you need a break from it all??

SaD.jc who just happened to be losing sleep because of matters in his mind...

Caroline said...

haha.. i think people in Christ Church became your friends only because of you la.. we didn't know you were who and who's daughter, nor who and who's sister. Now that we know.. doesn't make any difference.. hahahahahahahah

See, there was a good reason God put u in CCL.

Anonymous said...

No matter who you are, you are still my friend. You may not perfect, because I'm not perfect too. It is not because of you are so and so daughter or sister, then I became your friend. Instead, it is because of you, just simply because of you. Because of you, I've learned some precious lessons in my life. Though sometimes the way you talked hurt me, but in fact, you at least bring changes in my life, which made me became a different person today. Your presence is special to me, at least is for me. :-)

Irene CFZ

theGodlyLawyer said...

Hmm... well, you 3 just happen to be those who knows me because of who I am lo... hehe...thanks for being around at all time... !