Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Judging!

I am not writing this because I am pointing my finger on certain people and starting to judge them or ... I am also not writing this to give myself a reason to judge others. The bible states clearly that, we shouldn't judge. It's easy to say then done ... almost everyday, I am judging people. It's kind of a 'natural' things to do on daily basis. AAaaahhh..... before you start to judge me, may be you should check on yourself if you are also the same as me...
Most of us, we judge a person based on their outlook appearance. Some of us... we can figure out just fine that this so and so is from a wealthy family because she is carrying this branded and limited edition handbag. Some of us can judge a person by saying he/she is from a decent family background from the way he/she talks, and/or from the way he/she walk, the way he/she wears. I don't know about you. Some times, we are just wrong in all those 'judgement' of ours.
I told a friend yesterday that I have 100% confidence on my car... because I do not really afraid that it will get stolen or I being robed. Simple... because even the thieft judged people by how he/she is wearning, what sorts of car he/she is driving to determine whether the person worth his/her life to rob or not.
We judged and most of the time, we judged wrongly. We always thought a person who is a graduates, will think and act like a graduates, but we are wrong. We thought a doctor is smart and intelligent. That might not be too. We thought a lawyer always earn a lot of money and I can tell you I will declare bankrupt soon.... and we thought the higher educated we are, our brain will function to a right direction , but seriously.... I DO NOT THINK SO.
During my interview with some people who came in to look for job, I don't bother much about how much they study and how well they did in their examinations... I will normally ask them only one question. That is, what can he/she does to impress me. As long as the person can impress me with his/her ability to learn more, humble and teachable heart... and willing to sacrifies some time to do extra works, I don't care if he/she is a brilliant student in school or not.
Seriously, I don't like people always think they are more 'highly' when they are doctor, specialist and a successful accountant, businessman. SO what if you are those but your thinking is like a primary school boy? See... don't get me wrong... I am not judging here... I am speaking the fact. I must say, I am disappointed... very disappointed with some people's 'brain'. A brain that was supposed to have gone through years of training to increase to a higher and better 'power of thinking' and yet... it's still in primary school level. hai...
I just judged didn't i? hahaha... see what I meant?
- judging -

No comments: