Thursday, November 18, 2021

Mercy and grace.

During my primary time, I was one of the rebellious and naughty student in school.  I was never good in studies and I don’t like studies because I guess, no matter how much I try and work hard for, I will never pleases my parents because my elder brother was always the best or better one.  I didn’t really care how well or unwell I did in my studies.  I remember there’s one occasion, I was chatting with my classmate until my teacher was angry and called me to stand up.  I know i will get my punishment, but I was reluctant and took longer than usual to stand up on my feet.  I must be thinking, if I can just stand up slower, the bell will ring and I might not even need to get my punishment.  

Doesn’t that sounds like us all in this world where we were doing what we think we want to get what we want and at the same time, trying to get away to what we have done wrong in life? Liar, being terrible person, being a bad friend, being a bad lawyer, not taking up enough responsibility, always being self-centred, etc. That’s all of us and me included of course.  In trying to achieving what we want to achieve, we won’t think about consequences and trying to do anything we can do delay or escape from punishment or penalty.  

In God’s eyes, we are unable to escape.  We will have to face our sin before Him.  One day, He is coming to judge us.  There’s no way we can escape.  Even with the best escape plan you have or can handle, there’s no way that we are going to escape.  This is at least how it was suppose to be before the coming of Jesus Christ or before He crucified and died for us.  

As I stand up on my feet, my teacher asked me to walk up to him.  I was trembling because I couldn’t apprehend as to why I need to go out.  The punishment has to be big, i told myself, but at the same time, i was trying to find excuses to justify that I shouldn’t be punish other than standing for a few minutes (because the bell is going to ring any time soon).  As i walked up, my teacher asked me to face my class…. and he then told the whole class, I have won a prize and I have brought pride to the school.  I stand at the same spot for a few seconds with my mind trying to process what I just heard.  “Wait, what? what prize? What competition? which one?” Well, he then told me it is the art competition i submitted through school for the road safety campaign.  I was thrill because I felt that my wrongdoing was being forgotten and forgiven instantly and at the same time, I have to secretly tell you now that, my brother helped me with that drawing. 

Yes.  My sin/wrong doing was not forgiven by what I have done, but by what my brother has done, and his action has redeemed me instantly from my wrongdoing.  

So as Jesus.  There’s nothing that we do can make our sins goes away.  Only through Him who died for us, even when we are not worthy to receive it that we have our sins redeemed by His blood and be forgiven.  This is mercy and grace.  

I am thankful that He died for me and I am thankful that my sins is forgiven and that i have hope for eternal life, the life that I will get to enjoy with my God eternally.  I am happy and grateful and that makes me love Him so much that I am willing to do anything for Him, as long as I pleases Him and walked in His Will. I am just feeling thankful for what He has done for me, for this worthless, rejected, unworthy soul.  Thank you Lord Jesus. 

- Mercy and Grace - 

No comments: