I am not done with what annoyed me by the prosperity gospel teaching I spoke about in my last post. I still got very disturbed by the fact that everyone who is very much influenced by the prosperity gospel teaching that we shall not speak anything that's negative and anything as such will be called, "declaration" which once you "declare", it will happen, which is not good. Oh come on, so, things happened not because of God but of words that spoken out of your mouth because you will somehow face adversities in life and you are just telling the facts and that somehow become a declaration?
As far as I know, my God is not as small as only perform what words came out from one's mouth. But maybe the God that you know is different because it does sound like, the people/the words people speak is God instead of God being God, which, definitely means, people are trying to be God, for as long as I remember or know, yes. They tried to wish the positive things to happened to them and wish negative things to goes away from them, and suddenly this sounds very Chinese to me. Oh well, I guess, it is a human thing rather than just a Chinese thing.
These people somehow think why can control over things by their faith, their beliefs and their 'declaration', that's what they are doing and believe to be doing. Do they need God? No. They want GOD to do whatever they declared, but not necessarily following His will and what God wants in their lives. Sadly, I realised, it is not a new thing or a new gospel teaching because as I read on the book of Micah, it seems like that's what humanity has been, trying to be self-sufficient and making sure that they are good enough and that they do not need God because God will love them and give them whatever they want. I wonder if that's so, why are there still people who are suffering from sickness, from poverty, from adversities?
If the word 'dead' is bad instead of negative and that we are not supposed to speak or 'declare' it, then what was Jesus teaching was when it comes to John 12 when He spoke about the needs to be dead in order for God's name to be glorified? Is Jesus' death a positive or negative thing? Ok. You might ask what annoyed me to have 2 posts on this. Well, I am sick and all I asked is that friends pray for me because I do not want to go through another surgery. Instead of some encouragement to ask me to focus on His Will and have some faith in Him, etc, I was being scolded for "declaring" that I am sick and I might need surgery. Two of them said something about I must have done such a bad thing that I grow up having lots of sicknesses too. I got angry and annoyed because, 1st, who they think they are? God? 2nd, did I declare? 3rd, do they know what's going on between me and God before they being judgmental? 4th, what's wrong with me being God-dependent? I did not however tell them any of those above, but simply said, "well, I am weak and I need God and that's why I pray to God and know nothing about declaring because it is a fact that I am facing this situation".
Just like what Micah 5 says, there could have been a lot of situations where I will need God to deal with and help me with. But like Jairus, like the women that have 12 years of blood loss issues, as long as we have our faith and eyes fixed on Jesus, it is more than just our sickness be healed, but our ultimate, bottom-line issue - sin be forgiven. If we are only focusing on the issues, but ignoring all the process and relationship with God and the ultimate bottom line issues, we would have missed a great deal of knowing and experiencing Him. Who are we to judge or to declare things to happen or not to happen? To choose to be self-sufficient or God-dependent, I am still on the latter, no matter if I am losing some close friends. I pray that they will find God and be born again.
- self-sufficient or God-dependent? -
No comments:
Post a Comment