What a label I put on people who always declare here and there, only for GOOD, nothing bad. They are basically COMMANDING God to give them everything GOOD and prosperous and anything that's not (according to their dictionary and understanding and that their tiny little brain can cope), they alleged that all are from Satan. WOW!
That's the blow I got from some friends who are so into Joseph Prince and his preaching and seems like they are totally devoted to Joseph Prince and not God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit. SERIOUSLY? Why am I saying what I said? I have to claim a disclaimer here because it is wholly my experience with 4 people living in Singapore and listening to Joseph Prince's preaching and seriously, I got worried. Worry is probably an understatement, to be honest.
These people seem to do this a lot: -
(a) putting everything you said that's negative to - "you shall not declare it".
(b) everything negative (not necessarily bad because everything turns out to be super good if we follow His plan) is not from God and has to be BAD BAD.
(c) only good things (prosper, wealthy, healthy, happy) are from God and everything else from Satan.
(d) lack of relationship with God/Jesus. They only go to church, listen to preaching and declare. They will not understand the relationship with God.
(e) they are asking God to fulfil their wishes and wants and not seeking Him and walked in His plan.
and the list goes on....
Seriously? Anything negative is bad? anything positive is good? Our God is so small and so easy to comprehend? Then where is the idea of 'seek' ye First is for? This group of Christian might not understand why Moses was born in that era, in that family and grow up in another and why he was given leadership but not the ability to speak fluently. They probably only see the power of God that leads Israel out of Egypt but never gotten to read the rest of the chapters about the wrath of God, why God allows certain things to happened to Moses or Israelites. They will never put their mind to wonder if there's one single Israelite that will stay put in Egypt and never left. All they know is, God, lead them out of Egypt and full stop. They forgot completely about what happened before and after the incident. Or wait, I am sure they preach about this too, just that may be a different context. Still, they will say, no matter how DARK ages it was, God leads them out of Egypt because that's His plan, His plan to prosper and give them the promised land. Really? is that all?
At times, I wonder why God let me suffer so much throughout my life. Trust me, this bunch of friends are the last I will turn to because they will point fingers and said it must be something I did horribly that God is punishing me, etc. Instead of telling me to hang on to God, seek Him and His kingdom first, and follow His plan. I never blame God for sufferings. Looking back, I thank Him for all that happened to me, those experience, the walked with Him throughout the whole journey, it is one of the best experience in life that I will not regret having. In fact, one of the best that not many experienced. Acknowledging myself as weak and small who needs Him is never a declaration that I do not need Him. In fact, it is a declaration that I need Him so much in my life. The so-called prosperity, it cannot be quantified by a measure of the world such as money and possessions or even family. Seriously, I always said financially I am poor, but in spirit and relationship with God, some of my cell group members will know and jealous, that I enjoy so much my time with God - prosper. I love having a conversation with Him, spending time with Him, doing thing with Him, going through hardship and good time with Him, and trusting Him and meditating His words, etc. I realised recently that not everyone has those moments in life where you truly enjoy the time spending with God and when my cell member heard me share and desire to have that closeness with Him, they can only ask how and keep trying. I am glad I do and I enjoyed it. So it doesn't matter if I am in good time or bad, as long as I know I have Jesus and God and Holy spirit journeying with me through it, even death I am not afraid of.
Life, is never under my control. Everyone has good and bad times and I count them as all from God, including some challenges to test me. For spiritual warfare? Oh well, if you have it, consider yourself blessed because even Satan unable to stand that closeness you have with God. And if God is with you, who can go against you? I wouldn't know when I will be dead or when is my last day on earth. But as I aged, I do not want to die so soon because I want to enjoy a bit more time with Him and doing His work. I feel utterly unbearable with huge discouragement and disappointment when I know doing His works might be limited now due to pandemic, due to covid-19 and what more, due to my poor health. But nothing should stop me from having a good relationship with Him. Be it I am having good or bad times.
I seriously hope my friends will not just praying for prosperity in their life here on earth, but also seek His kingdom and Will first, and not focusing just right on prosperity in this world. If I have to die in order for His plan to goes smoothly, I am ok to die. As long as it is His will.
- Prosperity gospel -
No comments:
Post a Comment