Over the past years, I have visited UK many times, but with people, that never lives in the UK. It is difficult for them to understand what I like, why I did what I did, etc and I did not manage to get to do what I want, mostly. The recent trip was brilliant. Started a day with me waking up while my friend has left for work in the early morning. Went to get the Court outfit (my first own purchased outfit) by entering into a manswear shop. Yeah, guess once again I have to say that, the law profession is still a very man profession rather than unisex professions. It was rainy and all but overall, I managed to get things sorted and thereafter went to meet up with a friend who's a priest, Matt Hogg in St. Alban, Fulham. Met the family, had dinner together and I went home after that. It was a good day and I was glad I was not suffering from any jetlag. Went home, had a chat with my friend and slept. The next day, woke up around 8am and decided around 9am to take a train to Bicester to get a few things. As spontaneous as it was, everything seems smooth. Got what I want, had lunch and headed back to London, put things down at the flat and off I go to meet my friend for dinner and then to Christmas Choir Carol Concert at All Souls Church, Langham Place. I was tired and sleepy after dinner, but the Christmas Choir Carol Concert was awesome and so good that made me stay awake till midnight. It was awesome and it was air live on BBC. It was seriously good.
Took the next two days spending time with my friend and her friends and CG members and it was fantastic. Went for the Lion King musical on Saturday after an Indian meal an went to Christmas Carol Service on Sunday besides the morning service. Had some time to visit some book stores etc. It's great. 23rd onwards, another friend came (her first time to the UK) and most of the time, we spent time doing what she wants to do. We went to Kenwood House on 23rd, etc. etc. It's just celebration of the birth of Christ thereafter until 26th. Both Liz and I were so tired and we asked her friend to go around places she wants to on the 26th while we rest. But we slip out for a short shopping at Wimbley in the afternoon and then back to do some online shopping instead. haha...
27th we went to Cotswold. Had dinner at Victoria Station and had banana leaves mutton. We spent some time sharing, etc. It was a good sharing day. 28th I went out to try to get something and met up with Dawn and Patrick for lunch. Picked up online purchased at TM Lewin, Oxford Street and then meet up with Liz and her friend for dinner.
29th. I went to church and after lunch, I took a train to Manchester to visit Janice and family. So great to have visited them for the first time at their home. We always met somewhere. Spent a night there and only left on the 31st morning. We had lots of fun on 30th, with yum cha, with steamboat and with playing games with Elina. Arrived in London on the 31st afternoon, picked up some online shopping, and went straight home. Put down my stuff and went to get dinner. Cooked dinner for Liz and spent some time with Liz on new year eve, before we joined her church friends for a drink before the church service at midnight. It was great. We came home, clean sleep and the next day, I woke up, sorted things, packed and had lunch and went out for a movie (The Little Women) at ODEON LUXE. My goodness, it's been such a long time since I had the salted popcorn that I always missed having.
The events that I will not forget:
(a) Book was given to me by Liz on my arrival: Timothy Kelly's "The Prodigy Prophet".
(b) The numerous church services, carols, concerts, prayer meeting, etc that I had in 2 weeks at All Souls Church, Langham Place
(c) The Christmas message about what Christmas is all about and not about joyous occasions or nativity, etc. The needs of praying for those who are depressed, in grief at this season, how we as Christian is to be around them, etc. during Christmas.
(d) The end time is near.
(e) We need to leave the old behind, we need to renounce our sin and be renewed again.
(f) I was later given the book "The grief observed" by CS Lewis. I was looking for my copy and I think I lost it when I lost all my belonging in the sea in 2000. Without knowing, Liz got me a copy.
(g) My 'argument' about I am a sinner and I do not deserves His love, etc. has resolved.
(h) My issue of 'prodigy' is found and it's time to resolve it.
Conclusion
It is important to have a godly friend who knows your struggles and just walk beside you while you struggle and keep silent and praying for God to intervene and talk to me. I am thankful for Him to send me Liz. Most of the time, I do not need to tell more, she heard it from God and manifested to me instead.
- Best Christmas break ever! -
No comments:
Post a Comment