Please do not get me wrong. By changing the firm name this month, does not mean i will practise law in Sabah for the rest of my life. Instead, it is a platform for me to proceed to quit and/or to proceed to the next step in life, i.e. a better living.
I sent out an email notification last week to all law firms in Sabah that we have changed our Firm name, some friends and fella counsels called up to congratulates me, and some even approached, referring some cases to me. I guess, i am not alone. What surprised me was that, some, knowing that it's me who deal with the matter, knows all I need is to sort out the matters and not complicate matters. Some, knows corruptions and briberies will not compromised my integrity and ethical practises. I might not be a very famous lawyer in town. I might not be a rich lawyer in town too. In fact, I probably is the lawyer who is well known to be 'working alone' all the time. Judges knows me as 'still new and dare to fight' for justice, but lack of experiences. No one knows who was my master before this and who taught me how to stand up in court or conduct a trial alone. In fact, I have learned by practising them, observing my opponents and learned from mistakes. Those are always and still, my great teacher. But I guess, I am well known that I will do the best for clients, I don't take up matters simply because of monies. Of course, if justice cannot be uphold, I blame myself and the law system badly too ( I guess this happen to all my fellow colleagues too).
It's a good start. But as my mentor in KL told me once, "It is important to have a good start, but it is even more important to have a good end". I hope, I will end up my practise and life of being known of the same, a lawyer with integrity and ethical.
- A good start? -
No comments:
Post a Comment