Saturday, May 03, 2014

Bible or Law book?

There's this incident where some 'scholars' or 'educated' people who has their reputation built, comment that the person involved should be penalised.  Some even said, the leaders of the church should be penalised, by the law of this country and by what a normal society private and public company should do.  Those who cannot 'cope' the job / task should be expelled from their current position.  Someone who is known by many even posted in the FB seeking 'support' of what he thinks is right to do and he even asked through the post, priest and lawyers what we all think about it.  Whether we should report the incident to the authority.

We all know when there's theft break into your house, the first thing you will do is to report police.  However, I do come across some people who won't for some other reasons.  I believe, everyone handle matter is different.  The church and the biblical teaching on this issues are different from what we ought to do too.

Remember the story where a women was found to have committed adultery.  People gathered and brought her and everyone says they are to cast a stone on her to punish her (Not so sure why is the man not being brought to be punished).  Jesus said those who are without sin can cast the first stone.  Everyone left at the end.

I am asking the same, when you are thinking to punish others for their wrong doing, are you, yourself without sin? If you have sin, what rights do you have to punish others? More so, the person who posted doesn't even belong to that 'family'.   And i wonder what's right he has to raise such a question and insisted that we deal with the issue his way?

I remember i used to steal my dad's RM100.00 from his wallet.  I did get my punishment, from my parents.  But thankfully, they did not report me to the police.  Thereafter, I never steal even a candy.  I have learned from my mistake.  I was given a second chance and I grew up and became a lawyer.  May be there are family who will report their daughter to the police when their daughter stealed RM100.00 from them.  I don't know.  I am just being thankful my parents did not.

This is a family issue.  Who has the rights to decide what to do to your son and daughter?

Do you want to focus on the book of laws or the teaching of Jesus? It is up to you.

Yes.  That's sums up how struggle I am being a lawyer.

- Bible / Law books? -

No comments: