I was told my uncle passed away few days ago and due to the busy schedule, I only visited his family about an hour ago. A long chat simply because they all know I am closely connected with the Anglican church ... I was asking about how's the funeral service arrangement going.. and my cousin told me the Anglican church has refuse to bury my uncle in their land, simply because he has not been in church for the past 10 years, after his wife passed away. My first reaction was, where's the church when he was going through such a difficult time for the past 10 years of having needs to raise his own son alone and to bear with the loss, etc? The second reaction was, when I was informed my uncle was admitted to hospital, I went with my brother and we knew Rev Yong together with a few pastors were on the way to pray for him, etc. That's because for the past 1 1/2 years, he wasn't able to walk and so, he didn't go back to the church physically, but he asked the church to deliver him holy communion by home visitation every single week. If he is not in a position to be entitle for a ground in the cemetery, who is, I wonder. Has the church thought they are God now to judge? I mean, if he didn't repent and come back to the Lord by asking the church for holy communion, ... what was that he asked for?
Of course I explained to the family that there were people taking the church for granted and that's why we need a 'check list'. But when my cousin told me the priest at the Basel church agreed to help in the event the Anglican refuse to conduct the service, I was a bit pissed off. What the hell is this? Yes, we know the soul is what we take serious of, but ... can't we be a little compassionate for the lost of a father to this cousin of mine? Where's the compassion that Jesus shown us? I remember reading all the 4 gospel which stressed on very much on the compassion of Jesus... and being filled by compassion, Jesus did certain things for the people... who are we really, ... because he was not being loved by many in the church and the society and that's why he is not entitle for a bury ground?
So, because the lady whose head was not found in the car accident was entitled to had her funeral service in the church because she was baptised in the anglican church in England? If a certificate is sufficient, my dear uncle also has such a certificate to shown. Or because the lady whose head was not found in the car accident had a father who is famous and rich and that's why he is entitle for a bury ground and not my uncle? Or because his son is attending Glory Christian Centre and therefore he is not entitle a bury ground? i don't understand this.
But who am I to judge right? Well, at least I am not judging them by who they are. I still went and pay my last respect, even though we all doesn't like this uncle and his family a lot. So what? Aren't we sinner too? Damn!
- Who are you to judge? -
No comments:
Post a Comment