I hate not being informed when I am a party to it. Well, it's terrible when your opponent has deliberately not inform you when they came to know about the date for the hearing/mention/decision. Whatever it is, ... I think I am not happy about not being informed by the Court of a hearing date/mention date/decision date. Come on. I am the Plaintiff's solicitor and the court informed the Defendant's solicitor but not the Plaintiff's solicitor? What is this? Do you call this justice? I do not want to have the impression that the court and the defendant's lawyer is having something behind... but I just can't help it when it's not once, but twice that this same kind of situation happen to me/to us, the same firm.
First, I was not informed by the Court that the matter is bring brought forward and the trial date is on the day of my application to discharge myself. It's trial date, not mention. The matter was called first before any other case and the court doesn't allow my application to adjourn the trial date to 1 or 2 days later. The trial continues without me preparing it. Now, for today's matter, upon various letters sent to the Court asking for a short date for a decision to be delivered, the court DISREGARDED my request a few times. I called, everyone just told me to wait for the NOTICE OF HEARING. I asked to look at the court file at last and realised, the decision was not delivered but the file is CLOSED. I talked to the interpreter who spoke to the Registrar and today is fixed for mention. I went to the Court and was informed by my opponent that the decision was delivered sometime in April last year. Both the registrar and I opened our eyes big enough, disbelieved what he just told the court. There's no record of the proceeding took place, there's no order filed by the Defendant (if he claims the decision was delivered to him) and it's just shocking to know that.
Upon standing down the matter and searching for the answer to find out what exactly happen, the only thing the court told me is that, there's a miscommunication. VERY CONVENIENTLY ... that's the explaination and what I need to do now is the file for leave to appeal the matter in the Court of Appeal. How convenient this happen. My opponent, not knowing what's in his mind told the Court he wants to object to it. He still has the gut to wanting to object to it. I am prepare for his objection of course, but the Registrar asked him on what ground he wants to object?
Well, I am not happy with NOT BEING INFORMED of a date. Did the Court together with my Opponent tried to concealed the information from me deliberately? I don't want to know. I don't even want to think about it. If I do, I am insulting this Court and I can be held contempt. But, I just want to know why am I not being informed? Why did all my letters being ignored?
I am upset. Seriously!
Worse still, while I was waiting in Court this morning, I met someone who asked me if the trial last week went through.... well, no doubt, she's one of those who heard me raising that question to the Judge in open court last week, telling the Court I was not informed. I told her the trial went on and she told me she couldn't believe the court made such a mistake. Well, I didn't gave her another bad impression on Court by telling her I was in court this morning also for the same thing, that I was not informed again!!!!!!!
Please note, these 2 incidents happen no in the subordinate court, it's the HIGH COURT!
Of their mistake, who end up doing more works? Me.... the lawyer... but the injustice caused not because of other things but 'administrative' issue in the Court. I am seriously disappointed and upset!
- Not informed! -
No comments:
Post a Comment