Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A challenge...

It all started 2 weeks ago by the issue of drinking water and that it just triggled my anger and discomfort ... which lead me to share my discomfort with a friend in another firm. Things just overturned since then... I was offered a place to be partner at that firm and I was also being told, I will be given lots of works which means, finances would be much better than now. It's not easy to have such opportunity. I know God does listens to prayer and listens to what I have been telling Him. Well, just 2 days before I was offered, my partner has asked for a meeting. God knows what's the purpose of the meeting. But as I was too busy with works, I didn't manage to speak to my partner until I was given an offer. I then make appointment with her, we sat down and talked and I have to her I am thinking of leaving this partnership. She took it positively. I guess in a way, she does know that I am not very happy about things already. I proposed to her that I will leave this firm in mid December as the Partnership Agreement we entered did mentioned that I need to give 4 months notice. However, she suggested I leave end of November. I am fine with that as the other firm wanted me to join soonest possible. Well, last Friday, she told me through phone that she wants me to leave a bit earlier, that end of this month, October instead. Well, of course I can think of a few reasons why she reacted in such a way. First, she doesn't want to share another month's profit with me. Secondly, she doesn't want me to take away her client. Thirdly, she wants to show me that, I will lose out if I didn't go with her. Without a firm that I can attach to, I will surely have problem bringing away my files.
(I didn't tell her I am joining another firm by then).
Yesterday, she reverted to my draft Deed of Dissolution of Partnership and while I was going through with her on that, I told her I am going to the new firm and I am bringing over some files. Obviously it's a shock to her and she was so unhappy with me bringing over some of the files. No particular reasons why I want to bring over the files. It's all because they are my clients.
So, I am still staying up in the office late... trying to sort out some of the things here. Phew... it's not easy... sudden change, AGAIN.... and yes.. without a single day of BREAK!!!! At first I was thinking that I will be jobless for next month... but no... my new big boss told me, I am so much wanted and he is so happy that I can join by 1 Nov. So, yes.... my initial plan for a holiday is vanish... so I better take this weekend off... to Tawau. HOME.....!!!!
I was told that my new boss has passed all his files to my other senior and senior is now distributing files among her and me. hahaha... I am being called to go to new office tomorrow to sort out files. What can i say except praising and thanking God for His blessing?
- a challenge -

No comments: