Sunday, November 15, 2015

Reminder: Back on track and be faithful to the end!

Just about a month or two back, I was sitting in church, waiting for the service to start and I realised, I am still .... very much influenced by the 'musical instruments' instead of the rest.... I definitely not a person whom I can memorise the lyrics of songs.... and if you ask me to clap hands while I sing, it's a bit difficult because somehow, my fingers and minds, all turns into playing the instruments - or moving without holding the instruments in hand.  Somehow, that part of me seems..... activated by the sounds of musics.  It has been a long while since I pick up my guitar and play some songs.  At one point, I wasn't sure if I still know how to play a guitar.  The guitar in my room was definitely covered by at least half cm of dust.  
I went to Melbourne and my two cousins always never fail to convince and remind me that I am such a musician and/or someone who is passion with musics.  To them, I don't lives without music, more so, playing guitar and/or musical instruments.  I told Sarah since few years back that I wanted to learn Ukulele and we did exchanged some information about it and we did talked about it occasionally when we meet.  I have mentioned more than 3 years now that i wanted to visit her in Melbourne and we will go to every music shops in town.  So, finally, I paid her a visit.... promised fulfilled. hahaha.... planned so hard because of my schedule, Ellie (my dear niece) schedule and Sarah's schedule.  
Almost every single night, we played Ukulele and guitar during my stay.  Somehow, she brought me back to have the passion to play musical instrument again.  I didn't know how much I love it until we play the instruments together and we were exchanging knowledge on songs and the strumming and the chords, etc.  It's fun. 

Ever since I got back from Melbourne and I sat in the church .... somehow... my focus was on the band/worship team.  They were not perfect.  They play as if they HAVE their duty to fulfil.  They didn't BRING OUT the music live as it should.  It's a disappointment, but yet, I have no complain because if i think I can do better, then I should be up there rather than sitting down at the pew.  Then, while i was watching ... and pondering.... this scene back in 1997-1998 flashed back.  I was in my 1st and 2nd year in Bristol, UK.  Christ Church Clifton is the church I visited and attended then.... lovely huge Cathedral with at least 1500-2000 congregation and at that time, the church service worship was led by an orchestra.  Impressively.... and always brought up the best music on Sunday morning.  I love the church, particular the Orchestra.  Every single week I went earlier and every sunday, this group of people I saw, were very professionally handle and playing their musical instruments.  
I couldn't recall anyone of them now.... except one particular old lady whose face is still imprinted in my mind, strongly and clearly.  white hair, hunch back, old, with glasses .... dressed very neatly and clean... and always sat in the most front role with her violin. She was there, every single sunday.  I observed her ... and realised, her hand wouldn't able to move faster than any younger violinist.  Instead of two full bows, she probably play one ... but she never failed in catching up with the rest and she has never fail to absent because she is old, she is not as active and she is probably not being noticed by anyone.  Her devotion in serving the Lord is clear.... her focus was clear... if she is given an opportunity to serve the Lord, she will make herself available.  I was guessing that she was at her 70-80 when i met her.  I went back to the same church last year, i looked in front, there's a lot of changes.... but one thing it never changed, is that, she has definitely encouraged, and imprinted that lesson in my heart forever. 

I asked then.... will I because the church is lousy, the leader is lousy and things are lousy that I will stop serving the Lord. Will I be like that old lady....? to serve Him again despite my past, my inability, the non-qualified requirements, etc? I guess the Lord look at our heart rather than our ability, isn't it? So, I was telling myself, If Danny is moving back, I shall seek the Lord if I will go back to serve Him in the worship team again.  

Just before I tell anyone about that, i didn't know Danny spoke to Leane about having the 1st mission set,  - that is to get me back to worship team asap.  I only realised that 1 month after that and Danny told me to consider while I say, you come back then we talk.  And Leane heard our conversation and stunned together with Danny and said.... OK!  Leane said, that sound a bit too easy to be a mission for Danny.  I didn't say a word. 

Obviously, it's time.... to move on.  To board the train to go to the next destination.  

- Reminder:  Back on track and be faithful to the end! - 

2 comments:

JennyWong said...

It's always such an encouragement/ eye opener/ refreshing to read your blog which i have not read for quite some time.. Hahaha... Just glad that reading this post also encouraged me.. The part about this old lady.. Never fail to serve the Lord with what she has. I guess we should not give anymore excuses... Hehe..

theGodlyLawyer said...

hahaha... didn't realised you are still reading this blog. Have not been updating for a LONG while... hahaha.... ya. this Old lady, always my inspiration, to not give up.