Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Faith?

With new vision, the implementation of new plans always not very welcoming... I remember vividly how much the bishop's wife opposed to the closing of Girls' Bridage when this was annouced. I was sadden because I was the young leader and one of the best in the whole Sabah then and when Girls' Brigade 3rd Tawau Company is closed, it really mean, no more... no one will remembers me... hahaha... well, yes... Bishop's wife then was my Captain. She started the Girls Brigade, run it and it grew from 10 people to about 100 people. It's a legacy I tell you, when you are telling others that one company has so many people. Well, ... it's bitter when the news of closing it came across... I remember heated argument took place in the General Election, asking why such and such things needs to be close down? etc. etc. This, of course including the closing of bible study groups who faithfully meet every week for about 30 years; the women fellowship; the changing of youth fellowship from 3 fellowships to many little small cell groups; etc. etc.
Not many understand the vision cast to us. Most of are asking questions like, why, how and when out for our own benefits. We then realise there's a group of people who oppose to it strongly since day one when changes needs to be taken place. I, the one who is heading the Girls Bridage both in church and in school and 3 chinese youth fellowship asked only one question. "What should I do next?" I asked the question not directly to the then Rector, or any other leaders. The Rector is the one overseeing my work in the youth. I asked that question directly to my God.
See, God never give a vision to one person ONLY. If He wants things to fulfilled, the vision also cast to people, leaders... those who are faithful and willing. Many afraid that this whole thing won't work. We all have very little faith in God and His work. Simply because we are not close to God. We are not OPEN enough to be willing to bear the consequences and/or more works ahead. We afraid because we are not willing to put extra efforts.
Well, be it you believe or not, you have faith or not, you are willing or not... none of those is going to fail God's plan for us. What I am trying to say is, our God is not so small in His power. Your unwillingness, your dissatisfied, your discomfort only means you have now shares in His kingdom, no shares in partnership with Him and no shares in sharing the joy and pain with the Lord.
I am asking myself again... am I willing? Since no one is going to win over God in the first place, why are you trying to be stupid and stubborn? Well... don't judge on things and think you are always right because you think you know the best. I am sure God knows it better than us.
Don't get me wrong. I am not the one who will always say 'yes' to every changes. I am just that the one who is trying to find reasons to say 'yes'. In order to be able to find a good reason, I am praying... simpy because my faith is small too...
Lord, give me strength... let me see..........the vision with a better faith installed in me... !
- Faith? -

No comments: