A job is a regular activity performed in exchange for payment, usually as one's occupation. A person usually begin a job by becoming an employee, volunteering, or starting a business. ... the series of jobs a person holds in their life is their career. [Wikipedia's definition]
Career, as defined by Oxfort English Dictionary as an individual's "course or progress through life" (or a distinct portion of life). It is usually considered to pertain to remunerative work.
This question has seriously again raised in my mind as I am considering of whether I should just work for others or starting my own career. I remember an interviewer whom I ever met told me, "if you need a job, this is not a place for you. But if you are looking for a career, you may want to consider working here". Seriously, I will never forget that phrase, ever since that day, I have been wondering, if i am looking for a job or a career. It is not difficult at all to find a job and work and get paid. But is having a job is enough? Can that job sustained me for the rest of my life? Or do I need to start a career now .. for me to plan for my future? I guess I am not stuck with not having a job. I am stuck with not knowing what to plan for my future.
- Job or Career? -
No comments:
Post a Comment