Thursday, February 26, 2009

Home!

I always have the issue of 'home' ever since I left where I grew up (Tawau, Sabah) for studies and ever since then, because I never get to go back there and stay there for long / for good, somehow I have yet to figure out where my HOME is....
A friend is facing the same issue lately and hence, the question of where is our 'home' again appeared in my mind. When I left Bristol, England and returned for the 1st time, that was few months after I left, I somehow felt that, Bristol was my HOME. The feeling was so strong that even my parents told me they think I have well settled there and that I belong to that place. Oh well, I have to admit, I am a totally changed person ever since my 3 years there at Bristol. I still think, Bristol is where I should be at... Oh well, England if not Bristol. KL is definately not my home even though I stayed there for 8 years plus and still, I can't seems to 'feel' that place as my home. Hence, I moved back to Sabah when I had the chance to. Is KK my home? I must say, I am considering of buying an apartment or a condominium in KK, but.... somehow, I still can't feel that 'strong feeling' I had for Bristol ... so, if you ask me if KK is my home, I am not sure myself.
A friend somehow, has reminded me that, may be... after all, Tawau is my home. Oh well.... Tawau is my root.... and my parents stays there. For now, I get to go back almost once in every month... for work and to visit my parents... I felt strange when I first came back from England, but I am now used to it. If you ask me where I can find battery in my house in Tawau, I can tell you at the drawer next to the store room. If you ask me where to get strings, I can tell you it's at the backyard, etc. etc. The same apply to Bristol. Ask me where to buy shoes, I can recommend you a few places. Ask me where to buy wedding gifts, and I can tell you a few places. Even if you ask me about banking, getting work permits and so on, I can tell you where they are. I went to England last year June and I must say, I felt like I went home.... So, if you ask me where home is, I guess I won't be able to tell you....
It is suppose to be in Tawau... but the feeling of a HOME? ... feels like... Bristol/England.
- Home! -

2 comments:

Caroline said...

home is where the heart is.. sounds so old fashioned.. but think about it, it's true..

theGodlyLawyer said...

yeah... so, my heart is in England, my physical body is here in KK... and my parent's home, a home where i cannot lives without, is in Tawau. yes?